Youth and Young Adult Events
Events and opportunities for youth and young adults are listed below by age group: Teens, Young Adults and Adults.
For additional information, contact Kathy Loney in the Diocesan Youth Office at (701) 356-7902 or email kathy(dot)loney(at)fargodiocese(dot)org.
Current Events for High School Teens and Young Adults:
i.d.9:16 Catholic Young Adult Ministry, Disciples' Night, is offering an evening for all young adults, 20s & 30s,
married or single, with children or without, on Thursday, April 5, held at Nativity Church in Fargo. There will be Mass, a dinner and guest speaker,
Sr. Mariam James Heidland. The schedule for the evening:
6:30pm Dinner (free-will offering)
7:00pm Speaker "My Conversion"
7:45pm Discussion and social time
Childcare is available starting at 5:30pm. Bring a bag supper for your child(ren).
Please RSVP clicking here.
Events and Opportunities for Teens
There are many events scheduled throughout the year for teens. In addition to these events, CYAC is an opportunity for teenagers who want to get involved working on events in the diocese.
- SEARCH for Christian Maturity (ages 16-20s)
- National Catholic Conference for Youth Ministers (NCCYM) a conference for those working in Youth Ministry. This conference will be held at the Tampa Convention Center from December 6-8, 2018. We will travel together on Wednesday, December 5 and return on Sunday, December 9, 2018. Check out the website and begin to plan a very educational trip to Florida to learn so much more about Youth Ministry. More information to come.
- Youth and Young Adult Office of the Diocese of Fargo will be offering 2 1/2 day retreats this summer at the Franciscan Sisters of Dilligen (OSF) in Hankinson, ND.
- There will be a retreat for females (ages 13 - 17) from July 18-21); There will be a retreat for the males (ages 13-17) from July 22-25. $150/student scholarships offered.
- Click here for the Summer retreats for youth ages 13-17.
- Summer JMI Youth Camp--Franciscans of Mary Immaculate
- Dates: Boys (ages 10-17) June 13 - June 20; Girls (ages 10-17) June 20 - June 27, 2018. Free Will Offering
- Trinity Youth Camp (Grades 4-8) Check this website for their dates and places of camp. $250/student scholarships offered
For over 35 years, Trinity Youth Camp has offered Catholic camps throughout North Dakota.
- Young Disciples (summer camps for Grades K-6; teen and family nights)
- Let the Saints Come In, a new summer retreat for young women and young men, ages 13-17. There will be separate retreats for these two genders. Young women's retreat will be held from 7pm on Wednesday, July 18 until noon on Saturday, July 21. Cost is $150/student. Scholarships are available. A brochure and registration form will be on this website sometime in March. If you have questions, contact Kathy Loney at 701-356-7902.
Catholic Youth Advisory Council
Catholic Youth Advisory Council (CYAC) is an active leadership youth council that plans, promotes and presents Diocesan youth events during the year. In 2018, the CYAC will have Nic Davidson coming to the 'Redeemed Conference' at the Scheels Arena on Saturday, April 7, 2018. Check out the Redeemed Conference for more information.
We will also be offering Senior High Youth Extravaganza on Saturday, October 13, 2018. Place and speaker has not been determined.
Youth members and their adult advisers live throughout the Diocese of Fargo. They come together five times during the year to prepare, promote and present the Diocesan youth days. If you are interested in being on CYAC please contact Kathy Loney in the Youth and Young Adult Ministry Department of the Diocese of Fargo at 701-356-7902 and let her know you are interested.
A student needs to be in the eighth grade and be willing to participate in work crew for the spring event that year. It is also important that the youth interested in joining think about who they can ask to be their adult adviser. It is important that the adviser be of the same gender as the student, be at least 21 and in good standing with the Catholic Church, have or are willing to participate in our Child Safe Environment program in this Diocese, can drive and participate with the student for each session, and both be willing to share and grow in their spirituality within the Catholic faith.
If you enjoy brainstorming, collaborating with others, and making things rich in spirituality happen for the teens of the Diocese of Fargo, you are a candidate for CYAC.
Contact Kathy Loney at (701) 356-7902.
Events and Opportunities for Young Adults
College can be a challenge to a young person’s faith. Check out the resources available to college students, both in the Diocese of Fargo and across the United States.
Red River Valley Catholic Young Adults
Are you interested in the Red River Valley Catholic Young Adults events (ages 21–40, married or single)? You're invited! There are a variety of activities each month—socials, talks, book studies, prayer & service opportunities, etc. Free childcare for selective events. Visit the site for upcoming events.
FM I.D. 9:16 for young adults in Fargo area
I.D. 9:16 is for young adult Christians in their 20s and 30s, single, married, with and without kids who are actively seeking to build community and grow deeper in their Catholic Faith by becoming intentional disciples of Jesus Christ. I.D. 9:16 is a ministry at Nativity Catholic Church in Fargo. See www.fmid916.com/ for more details.
NET Ministry Teams
NET Ministries challenges young Catholics to love Christ and embrace the life of the Church through youth retreats, parish and school discipleship, and youth ministry resources. Please contact Kathy Loney at (701) 356-7209 to book a retreat for your parish Jr. High or Sr. High students. You may combine these age groups also.
SEARCH for Christian Maturity
Here you will find all the information you need to about SEARCH in the Diocese of Fargo including dates, locations, applications, and more. Located at Maryvale Convent (Valley City, ND), SEARCH is open to everyone 16 years old through their mid 20's.
Teens Encounter Christ (TEC)
Find out more about the Teens Encounter Christ (TEC) retreats. The Diocese of Fargo has a TEC site located at St. Ann's parish in Belcourt. Contact them at (701) 477-5601 ext 1.
St. John Bosco Conference
For information on this annual 5-day conference, visit the Catechesis page.
World Youth Day
Every 2–3 years an international World Youth Day is held, a gathering of youth from around the world sure to deepen the faith and love of any young person in Jesus and His Church.
Events and Opportunities for Adults
Please watch this space for further information of upcoming trainings or events for adults