Married Life Programs
There are many organizations which support, strengthen and work to heal marriages. Below are some which are present in the Diocese of Fargo.
Red River Retrouvaille – Help for Hurting Marriages
Retrouvaille is a three-month long program designed to assist couples in troubled marriages. Beginning with an intense weekend experience, husbands and wives will receive help to re-establish communication and restore trust and intimacy in their relationship. The weekend is followed by six critical aftercare sessions that deepen the skills learned during the weekend and provide a foundation for the long-term health of the couple’s marriage.
A $200 per couple non-refundable deposit (payable online here) and pre-registration are required! To find out more please call 701-356-7962. Retrouvaille is sponsored by the Diocese Fargo and is open to any married couple struggling in their relationship regardless of faith denomination.
Red River Retrouvaille Upcoming Weekends:
- April 26-28, 2019: Fargo, ND
- October 11-13, 2019: Fargo, ND
Surrounding Area Upcoming Weekends:
- March 29-31, 2019: Minneapolis, MN
- June 7-9, 2019: Minneapolis, MN
- August 2-4, 2019: Minneapolis, MN
- September 20-22, 2019: St. Cloud, MN
- October 4-6, 2019: Minneapolis, MN
- December 6-8, 2019: Minneapolis, MN
Teams of Our Lady
Teams of Our Lady is an international movement of married couples whose purposes are:
- Growth in the spiritual life of the couple and family through a program of prayer and study.
- Growth in the communication between husband and wife with a developing intimacy through shared prayer and regular in-depth talks.
- A way of life designed to make their Christian faith a daily living experience.
Each team is made up of five to seven couples and a chaplain, who meet once a month in each other's homes to share a meal, a time of Scripture, prayer and reflection, and a sharing of their experiences as they work to grow in their marriages and in their faith.
If you are interested in learning more about, and possibly joining Teams of Our Lady, contact John and Jan Klocke, Sector Couple at (701) 212-8892 or Father James Ermer, Sector Chaplain at (701) 347-4609.
Worldwide Marriage Encounter
Worldwide Marriage Encounter is a weekend getaway that helps married couples rediscover themselves as individuals and as a couple. The Weekend format helps couples communicate openly and honestly, without any group sharing, therapy or marriage counseling. So help us support the Bishops' Initiative on marriage! Couples who attend Worldwide Marriage Encounter weekends not only rediscover the joy, intimacy & romance in their relationships, but also become more active in their parish.
Great Marriages Don't Just Happen. All marriages need attention, effort and nurturing. Worldwide Marriage Encounter provides an opportunity for you to explore your relationship together and find ways to make it more fulfilling and stronger for a lifetime.
Check out the FAQ page.
Upcoming Marriage Encounter Weekends
- April 5-7, 2019 - Baxter, MN
- April 26-28, 2019 - Hutchinson, MN
- May 3-5, 2019 - Buffalo, MN
- July 12-14, 2019 - Buffalo, MN
- September 20-22, 2019 - Alexandria, MN
- October 4-6, 2019 - Buffalo, MN
- November 15-17, 2019 - Medora, ND
- November 15-17, 2019 - Owatonna, MN
- November 22-24, 2019 - Prior Lake, MN
- February 7-9, 2020 - Windom, MN
- April 24-26, 2020 - Hutchinson, MN
- November 20-22, 2020 - Owatonna, MN
Give the gift of your time and love by taking your spouse on a Marriage Encounter. For more information about Marriage Encounter weekends in your area go to Worldwide Marriage Encounter (wwme.org).
Beginning Experience is a Christian support program for separated, divorced, and widowed people. It is a peer ministry
program to help to transition from the pain of loss into a new beginning.
For more information on Beginning Experience visit the Beginning Experience of Eastern North Dakota web page.